Parent Meeting is 7 PM on 8/20 at SRHS. All County forms were completed during the registration process.
Volunteers (yes, that is you Parents!!) are needed in the following areas:
- Uniform Coordinator
- Team Managers
If you have any suggestions for other content in Parent's Corner, please send an e-mail to
(Chuck Jeffries) or VOLUNTEER.
We will attempt to inform, advise, sometimes entertain, and provide you with links to items of interest on the web, and perhaps find you discounts on products, etc. In general, we will attempt to share information important to you. DAA considers our relationship with parents, the most important link to providing the best possible youth sports experience for our children.
DAA is not a 501(c)(3) which means any contributions made are not tax deductible.
DAA is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the youth in the community by fostering in them the principle of fair play, good sportsmanship, competitive spirit, tolerance and friendship. The purpose of the organization is to achieve these goals by offering opportunity, participation and competition to all of the youth of our community. We offer instructional programs, intramural sports, county sports, and related activities to youth players.
DAA Volleyball (VB) is dedicated to teaching volleyball to boys and girls, ages 8 to 14. DAA VB begins by focusing on basic skills including bumping, passing, and underhand serving. Once players have successfully demonstrated basic skills, we move on to more advanced skills including setting, hitting, tipping, blocking, and overhand serving. The ultimate goal is prepare players for Club and/or to be ready for high school level play when entering 9th grade.
This information is intended to provide answers to frequently asked questions from parents, players, coaches and others interested in supporting our youth. If you cannot find the answers you seek here, please contact the
, Chuck Jeffries.
Communication is primarily through e-mail. The DAA registration allows for mass e-mails which is convenient for sending but may cause problems with receiving. Your service provider may spam filter these e-mails because of the length of the e-mail address list. If you have not heard from DAA Volleyball, please contact the commissioner.
Please do not try to communicate with a coach before practice. They are busy trying to get their practice started. If you need to talk to the coach, please wait until after practice or schedule a meeting at another time.
The first practices are 14U Aces: 8/27 & 8/28 at SRHS from 7pm - 9pm. Spikes: 8/27 & 8/30 at SRHS from 7 - 9 PM. 12U Digs team: 8/27 & 8/29 at D'ville ES @ 7pm - 9pm. 10U Bumps: 8/28 @ D'ville ES 7pm - 9pm.
Practices are specific to the age group and coach/team. Please see the practice schedule for more information.
- Practices are two (2) times per week and length is dependent on age group: 10U: one hour; 12U: one and a half hour, and 14U: 2 hours. Please arrive at practice at least 10 minutes early to begin warming up and helping prepare the gym space for play, where appropriate. Parents are strongly encouraged to help set up and take down nets during the first and last practices each night.
- Practices are held at Davidsonville Elementary (DES) and South River High School (SRHS).
- Please make sure your child is wearing appropriate shoes for practice (no flip flops or open toed shoes allowed; tennis shoes are preferred).
- No jewelry may be worn during practices or games.
- If your child has long hair it is beneficial to tie it up during play time (i.e., in a pony tail or hair band).
- Please send water or other drinking fluid with your child for practice and games. Liquids and food are not allowed in the gyms at any time but may be placed in the hallways just outside of the playing area.
- Coaches will remain with the teams after practice until all players are picked up from the gym. Please be respectful of our volunteer coaches’ time and pick your child up on time.
Match schedules are determined by Anne Arundel County Parks and Recreation, and will not be known until the beginning of September. Once the match schedules are available, they will be posted on the Parks and Rec website.
- Matches are held on Sundays for 10U, 12U and 14U. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early for your match to begin warming up and preparing for the match!!!
- Matches are one hour long and consist of three sets regardless of the win/loss ratio (i.e., the third set is not a deciding set). Rally scoring is used and all three sets are played to 25 points unless time runs out for the third set.
- Players can expect to play at least 50% of each match, but may play more based upon coaches discretion.
- If game jerseys have not arrived by the first match, please have your child wear black shorts (all matches) and a white t-shirt (no numbers required).
- Matches are held at the following schools: Arundel High School, Old Mill High School, Severna Park High School, South River High School and Southern High School. Please check the match schedule for your location each week. As all of these schools begin with an “S” it is easy to confuse which school you need to go to!! Please double check your match location each week to avoid showing up at the wrong school! Addresses and directions are available the County Gym/Field Directory.
The Fall 2015 Volleyball League includes teams from the following areas:
There are three age groups in the league including:
- 9 to 10 year olds (10U)
- 11 to 12 year olds (12U)
- 13 to 14 year olds (14U)
Both boys and girls are welcome to play in the volleyball league! Players must be 9 years old by September 1 of the current year in order to be eligible to play (or exception approved by commissioner, Chuck Jeffries).