AAYSA web site which can be used for information and Schedule: https://aaysa.teamsportsinfo.com/aaysa-spring-2019
Select on 'Schedule'. From there select 'Davidsonville' as the club, and then your team name (named after your coach and age group) from the Team drop down. You can then select the 'Schedule' button to see the Schedule.
To note: Whilst noting the schedule at the beginning of the season is worth while, the schedule can change so please check back regularly and note any communications that come from your coach.
1/15 Team Registration Opens (NLT)
3/1 Team Registration Closes – All Placement Information Due
3/1 AAYSA Payment Meeting
3/3 Director's Placement Meeting
3/17 Schedule Released
3/22 First Game
No games 4/19-4/21 or 5/24-5/26
5/17-5/19 - Last regular game
6/1-6/3 - Makeup weekend
Silent Sunday began 18 years ago in the Northern Ohio Soccer League. Coaches and spectators were asked to stay silent so players could experience one day of soccer free from interference. The result was so positive that league has continued the tradition every season since, and the Anne Arundel Youth Soccer Association is going to be continuing its use this season.
Silent Soccer has been added to the AAYSA rules and will take place the 6th week of each season.
Goals of Silent Sunday:
- Foster independent thinking by players.
- Encourage communication between players.
- Support referees by reducing dissension.
- Give coaches a chance to see that players can survive - or even thrive - without constant guidance.
- Give parents a chance to see that players can thrive without constant encouragement.
- Please refrain from coaching players on the field - give your players a chance to solve problems as individuals and as a team.
- Offer instruction to players on the bench when necessary.
- Communicate to the field through substitutions.
- Please sit back, relax and enjoy watching your child play this fun game.
- Feel free to applaud when appropriate, but otherwise refrain from making comments (positive or negative).
- Have fun and remember, you will need your brain as much as your feet this weekend!